Wednesday 7 March 2012

Festivals


This is a short article that I created for my First Year Journalism Assignment in May 2011. I interviewed people around my University to feature in the article. It was to be used in a Magazine. 


Festival Season Is Upon Us!

All the great festivals are starting in the next month, from Glastonbury, to V Festival, or Reading and Leeds, and even the minor T4 on the Beach! Every year, us Brits spends £100s on tickets, tents and even rain coats and wellies for that unfortunate downpour that’s guaranteed to happen! But the buzz still carries on, and year after year, these festivals are sold out with minutes of going on sale.

Radio One’s Big Weekend kicked it off this weekend, with two days full of live music from acts like, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Tinie Tempah, Olly Murs and Arctic Monkeys to name a few.

We spoke to a few residents from around Birmingham, to see which festivals they are heading to this year, and who they are most looking forward to seeing!

Jarrod Matthews, 19 is going to V Festival in Staffordshire in August, “I’m looking forward to the laughs I’ll have with my mates, I’ve been for the past 2 years, and I’ve had so much fun. I am especially looking forward to seeing Dizzee Rascal, as he was so good at V Festival 2009”

Amy McArthur, 19 is going to Reading/Leeds Festival this year, “I can’t wait to go camping again! I love it; I think it is such a fun thing to do with your friends. I’m really looking forward to seeing Panic At The Disco perform, they will be brilliant, and the silent disco is going to be amazing!”

Josh Brown, 19 is going to Creamfields in Cheshire in August, “I’m excited to get drunk with all my friends, and looking forward to seeing Swedish House Mafia, they’re going to be amazing! I’m also going to V this year too, the thought of seeing Arctic Monkeys headlining is too much to handle!”

Jo Hibberd, 18 is going to Glastonbury in Somerset in June, “I’m really looking forward to going to Glastonbury, as I always see it on TV, and have always been desperate to go ever since. I’m really looking forward to seeing U2 and Beyonce!”

Luke Davies, 19 is going to Download in the Leicestershire in June, “I’m looking forward to hanging out with one my friends from home, as I don’t see her much being at University. She has been to the festival before, so I’m excited to experience the buzz. I’m most looking forward to seeing System of a Down and Korn, as I have never seen them before!”

No comments:

Post a Comment